Puresailing Yachting presents our first Catamaran!
The Lagoon 42 is the sublime successor to the best selling 421.This is a completely new design from the keel to the tip of the mast.Defined by sleek curves and a ground breaking single level cockpit this boat offers limitless possibilities for an enviable on water lifestyle.Master designers VPLP have moved the mast further aft guaranteeing performance under sail. The self-tacking headsail and the innovative layout ensure easy handling even when you’re sailing short handed.
There are just 2 steps up to enter from the stern and an entirely flat surface forward into the saloon for seamless indoor-outdoor living.
Ergonomic helm station at the coachroof bulkhead, offers:
- direct communication between the cockpit and saloon
- improved circulation, forward and aft of the helm station
- direct access to the coachroof for easier access to the boom
Mast further aft offers many advantages on a cruising catamaran:
- a self-tacking genoa for ease of use
- a larger foretriangle for a greater choice of downwind sails
- a shorter boom for ease of manoeuvring
- mainsail broader near the head, taking advantage of less turbulent wind for a real improvement in performance
- re-centring of the weight, which greatly reduces pitching.
If you fancy a spot of sun, stroll down the boulevard-wide sidedecks to the expanse of the foredeck and settle down,
or climb through the helm station and use the sun lounger atop the bimini.
At anchor you’ve a fabulous shady space in the aft cockpit with plenty of room to lounge about, huge amounts of stowage,
two bathing platforms and davits that take the effort out of launching and retrieving a tender.